[Languagechange News] Announcement: Upcoming workshops

Nina Tahmasebi nina.tahmasebi at gu.se
Wed Nov 11 10:28:42 CET 2020

Dear all,

The work in the project Towards Computational Lexical Semantic Change Detection<https://languagechange.org/> is proceeding with speed. We have several exciting workshops in the future, closest is the 2nd Workshop on Computational Detection of Language Change 2020<https://languagechange.org/events/2020-sltc-lcworkshop/>, on November 25th, where our keynotes and paper presentations promise to offer an exciting afternoon.

Next, our SemEval-2020 Task 1 on unsupervised lexical semantic change detection<https://languagechange.org/events/2020-semeval-2020-task1/> will be presented at this years workshop on semantic evaluation colocated with Coling2020. We will update the website with the recorded presentation no later than December 15th, in case you cannot make it to the workshop.

Finally, we are proud to announce that there will be a 2nd International Workshop on Computational Approaches to Historical Language Change 2021 (LChange'21)<https://languagechange.org/events/2021-acl-lchange/> held in conjunction with ACL2021. Call for papers and more information will be out shortly. Contact us if you are interested in helping out with reviewing (if you reviewed for us in the past, you will receive an invitation once we have a softconf installation ready).

Stay tuned for our book on Computational Approaches to Semantic Change that will be out early next year in the Language Variation series, LangSci.

Finally, the year has been a hard one with many of us working under extreme circumstances. We wish you all strength and luck in these times and hope that we will meet again in person soon.

Kind regards,
  -Nina, on behalf of the project members.

--
Nina N. Tahmasebi, Associate Professor.
Språkbanken • Center for Digital Humanities

http://spraakbanken.gu.se/eng/personal/nina
https://languagechange.org/
https://cdh.hum.gu.se/
Skype: n.tahmasebi