[Languagechange News] Updates on Towards Computational Lexical Semantic Change Detection

Nina Tahmasebi nina.tahmasebi at gu.se
Fri Jun 14 13:05:30 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Here is an update on the work that we have been doing with respect to
lexical semantic change.

Our paper on Temporal Referencing for Robust Modeling of Lexical
Semantic Change got accepted to ACL2019, and a preprint is now available
at https://arxiv.org/abs/1906.01688. You can read about how our paper
came about here: https://languagechange.org/post/the-two-week-paper/

The 1st International Workshop on Computational Approaches to Historical
Language Change (LChange'19) is progressing nicely. We had over 50
papers submitted on a range of different, and exciting topics. After an
enormous effort from our reviewers and authors, we are now done with the
proceedings. A first schedule will appear soon here:
https://languagechange.org/events/2019-acl-lcworkshop/ We are looking
forward to meeting you all there!

We are also contributing to a SemEval challenge on Unsupervised Lexical
Semantic Change Detection, where Swedish alongside of English, German
and Latin are currently being annotated as one of the target languages.
Stay tuned on more information soon! http://languagechange.org/semeval

Kind regards,
   -Nina.

--

Nina N. Tahmasebi, Ph.D.
Språkbanken • Center for Digital Humanities
nina.tahmasebi at gu.se

http://spraakbanken.gu.se/eng/personal/nina
https://languagechange.org/
https://cdh.hum.gu.se/