[Languagechange News] Invitation to Workshop on Lexical Semantic Change, Feb. 2019

Nina Tahmasebi nina.tahmasebi at gu.se
Fri Jan 25 10:12:39 CET 2019

Dear all,

Here is an invitation to a workshop on Lexical Semantic Change hosted in
Helsinki, by the Centre for Digital Humanities. The workshop is open to
anyone and it might also be that the talks are streamed.

Kind regards,
   -Nina.

---------------------

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to join our Workshop on Lexical Semantic
Change, part of our DH seminar series. More information about location,
registration, and the content of the talks is available here:
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/helsinki-centre-for-digital-humanities/workshop-on-lexical-semantic-change.

On Monday the 18^th  of February, we are welcoming Dr Nina Tahmasebi
(University of Gothenburg/Språkbanken), Dr Haim Dubossarsky (University
of Cambridge) and Mr Dominik Schlechtweg (University of Stuttgart) to
discuss research avenues in the computational tackling of lexical
semantic change. A particular focus will be given to the need for
evaluation frameworks. Although the talks will cover the state of the
art in terms of technical and methodological research, the presentations
will also be understandable to an audience which may not have a research
background in these areas.

Everyone is welcome! Please register by Sunday the 10^th  of February.

Simon

--

Simon Hengchen
Postdoctoral Researcher / Tutkijatohtori

PL 24 (Unioninkatu 40)
00014 HELSINGIN YLIOPISTO
Finland

--

Nina N. Tahmasebi, Ph.D.
Språkbanken • Center for Digital Humanities
nina.tahmasebi at gu.se

http://spraakbanken.gu.se/eng/personal/nina
https://cdh.hum.gu.se/
http://nodalida2017.se/